Working in Singapore on a Student's Pass
With the student’s pass, you can work up to 16 hours per week during your term time.
The remuneration ranges from $8 to $40 an hour.
Though students may work up to 16 hours a week, we recommend students to work lesser hours in order to fulfill the academic requirements and allow some time for enriching student life activities and to explore Singapore.
When getting a job, please ensure all details including working hours, salary, benefits, allowances, overtime pay, etc. are stated clearly in a contract, and please read the contract in detail before signing.
Job Opportunities for ESSEC Students
Numerous opportunities are available in and you may find them through job search sites such as https://www.jobstreet.com.sg or https://jobscentral.com.sg/
1. General or Specific (Math, French) private tuition: S$30-60 per hour, around 2 to 6 hours per week (often for pupils at the Lycée Français)
2. Baby-sitting: around S$10-15 per hour
3. Waiter: S$9-11 per hour
4. Dancing lessons: S$150 for two hours, weekly 2 to 4 times
5. Singer in a restaurant: S$ 500 per month, 6 hours per week
6. Piano lessons: S$400 per month, 2 hours per week,
ESSEC AP recruits students short-term for several roles such as Student Ambassadors IT Support, Learning Center Support, or other roles. These will be communicated as they become available.