- When do we need to look for apartment? when we will be in Singapore or before?
We recommend you arrive two weeks before the start of your course to find your accommodation.
- Where the majority of ESSEC students live?
They live in the Buonavista, Paya Lebar, Jurong East or Clementi areas.
- Do we have time to work while studying?
It is really at your discretion. Normally students work during the weekends apart from exams time. By law, international students can work not more than 16 hours per week.
- After my arrival in Singapore, where can I sleep while I’m looking for an accommodation?
You can go to one of the student residences/hostels recommended by our students. They have daily and weekly rates.
- Regarding bank accounts, do we keep our French bank account, or do we need to open one in Singapore?
Having a local bank account makes your life easier when it comes to pay bills and make other payments. You will also need a local bank account if you are thinking of working or doing your internship here.
- How does local phone plan work? Do we need to keep our French number, or do we need to subscribe a local one?
If you want to open a bank account or you want to work in Singapore, you will need a local number. You can buy a pay as you go sim card or get a plan (one month plans are available).
- Are there some students prices for transportation?
No, they are only available for local students.
- I am under age; do I need to have a guardian? If yes, what should I do?
You don’t need a guardian here. Parent sign most of the documents.